Monday, February 25, 2008

A Good Start

Today was day one of decluttering.

I wanted to start somewhere easy but where I could make a big difference in a short amount of time. I decided on my half of the medicine cabinet.

It only took me about five minutes to remove all of this stuff:


Most of those things are old hair and skin products that I either didn't like or that I never used even once. But like a good packrat I had convinced myself that I would eventually use them, so I crammed them into my tiny bathroom cabinet.

I found a large selection of hairbands that had each been worn about once. I'm going to count those together as one item.

That red prescription bottle? That is prescription strength ibuprofen that I got after I gave birth to Quinn. It expired nearly two years ago.

I forgot to take a before picture, but after I cleaned the shelves and organized the remaining items, this is what my medicine cabinet looks like now:


Altogether I'm counting this batch (all of which went into the trash) as 9 items.

*****

The cherry on top of my day was my afternoon playdate with my friend J. Besides being a wonderful way to spend a couple hours, I managed to pawn one of my toys off onto J:



*****

So my grand total for the day? Ten items down.