Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fuuuuuuck You, Scooba!

It's a long story and I don't really want to go into it and how irritated I am at the iRobot corporation, Hammacher Schlemmer, and myself, but suffice it to say that the three of us managed to screw me out of a refund for this lame-ass floor washing robot.


I'm stripping it for parts to give to my friend. When I was still in my honeymoon phase with Scooba, I convinced her that buying one was a good idea. She hasn't let go of the dream yet, but I have.

After I'm left with just Scooba's skeleton, I'm going to put it in my driveway and back the fuck over it.

I'm just glad I didn't buy a Roomba too.

Total items for today: 1

(Grrrrr.)

3 comments:

Creative Kerfuffle said...

soooo, am i to take it that this doesn't actually work? the hubs has always drooled over these and i've always been skeptical.
CK

Stimey said...

It worked great for a while and I completely loved it. But less than one year after buying it, I had to have iRobot send me a new one (thus voiding HS's lifetime guarantee--doh!). The new one also doesn't work well now either. I'm tired of wrestling with it for half an hour every time I want to mop my floor. That is just my experience though.

When it worked though, it was nice to sit on the couch while it cleaned my floors.

Carrie said...

oh that is so sad that it didn't work! I have a Roomba and love it. I just hate getting the room "ready" for Roger the Robot.