Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Helping the Little Animals

My preschool has a philanthropy program where we donate things over the course of the year to different organizations. This month we're donating to the humane society.

One of the things they need is old towels. Hey! I have old towels! I have lots of old towels:


In case you couldn't tell, that's my linen cabinet. Which is basically a quarter of a giant cedar cabinet built in against one of my walls.

While I was in there scrounging around for towels, I found a whole bunch of sheets and pillowcases. I'm going to have to go through those sometime soon.

I was successful in finding a bunch of towels to donate. I found six hand towels, four regular towels, and a bath mat that I can live without.

These include a couple of really cute hand towels with pictures of dogs and cats on them, which seems so appropriate for an animal shelter. See?


This is what I was left with:


See? I didn't just declutter. I folded too. I'm totally awesome.

Update on the carpet squares: It turns out that the humane society also needs carpet squares. Who would have thunk it? So instead of going to the trash, they're going to go to some kitties. Yay!

Total items for today: 11

4 comments:

Carrie said...

omg I have the matching shower curtain for those dog and cat towels! Any chance you'd like to donate them to me?? :) I'd totally pay you for shipping. I was stupid and only bought the shower curtain a few years ago and never went back to get the matching stuff.

Stimey said...

Carrie, I would be THRILLED to donate them to you. Email me your address and I will send them to you. I have two hand towels and one washcloth. We used to have the shower curtain too. It's adorable!

whymommy said...

Whoo-hoo! Happy kitties, happy Stimey.

A day well spent!

Manic Mommy said...

I have to ask: At one point was your bathroom all those colors? I too have everything from rust colored, to yellow, to taupe towels.

I know we're at the bottom of the pile when I'm drying off with the Star Wars towel.