Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Six Items; Lots of Words

I cleaned out Sam and Jack's closet today. Which was not a totally necessary thing to do. there were only 15 or so things in there to begin with, so it was tough to find six to get rid of. (It seems that I need to make better use of this closet.)

But I did!


For those of you who are counting, that clear bag in the back (1 item) has something in it (another item).

The curtain rod thingy has been in the closet since we moved in and we've never used it. In fact, there are new and improved curtain rods in the room now, so I'm tossing that old one.

The shoes also belonged to Quinn and also make him cry if I try to put them on his feet.


The book was the text for the Hanen Program class that Montgomery County Infants and Toddlers enrolled me in back when Sam was speech delayed. Apparently the Hanen Program works. Because these days he Never. Stops. Talking. I don't need that book anymore. All of my kids talk.

The sweatshirt provided material for a Halloween costume the year Sam decided that he just had to be Swiper. Although Dora the Explorer is everywhere, Swiper is apparently not the biggest seller, because no one makes Swiper Halloween costumes.

But because that was the first Halloween Sam wanted to dress up as a specific character, I commissioned someone to make him a costume. This sweatshirt's sleeves provided Swiper's tail. The reason I thought I should save this until he was big/unfashionable enough to want to wear an orange Old Navy hoodie sweatshirt with no sleeves is beyond me. I wish I had a digital photo of Sam in his costume though. He was very cute.

Total items for today: 6

3 comments:

Area Rugs said...

I can totally relate to this. I can never throw anything away -- then I have to go to compromise -- because just like a lot of women, I wear only 50 percent of my wardrobe. Funny huh? It actually feels good to get rid of stuff.

Jessica said...

hey moms listserv sista - i TOTALLY remember when you were searching for a Swiper costume!

Anonymous said...

So what are you going to put into that closet now? Play house? All of the toys? New shelving? clothing? A new vacuum cleaner?
L