Monday, March 24, 2008

Things I Hate. Do You Want Them?

Cute, but useless:


These were part of the goody bag for a birthday party for a two-year-old we attended last year. There was a pony to ride and some other animals to pet. There was hay to play in and throw at each other. Oh, good times.

And these animals are adorable, but they are only used by my children to put in piles of their crap and it drives me crazy to have to put them away six times in a week.

*****

I'm not quite ready to get rid of the foam letters that go with these borders, but I am really sick of finding these stupid things everywhere:


On the other hand, if you need more borders, they would be very useful.

And just so we're clear, if my kids ever ask about these border pieces: They NEVER existed.

*****

Total items for today: 17

(Each of those border pieces counts as one because they are so damn annoying.)

4 comments:

m said...

I loathe inflatables. Tried to vanish a penguin from my younger son's room about a month ago and would you believe he noticed it? Curses...Foiled again!

Love your blog -- spring always gets me in the mood to purge stuff, and I've been at it all morning.

Manic Mommy said...

Ugh. I put down the alphabet foam letters on the tile in the basement to make the floor a little less cold. All it does is make the floor look even more cluttered.

Looking at wall-to-wall for the basement...

the new girl said...

I love the HELL. I did a Stimey today and cleaned out the cabinet over my toilet and then relocated all my cleaning supplies up there, effectively de-cluttering and child-proofing all at once!

I didn't take any pictures but I honestly did think of you and there were tons (!) of unused and empty hair product bottles. wth?

:)

HRH said...

Birthday goodie bags should be banned in civilized society. Why do I want more CRAP that my kid can't LIVE WITHOUT?