Monday, April 14, 2008

Neeeeeeeeerrrrrrrd!

I used to play computer games a lot. Alex used to play computer games even more. And everyone has software that becomes obsolete, duplicated, or incompatible because you bought it before your husband left the dark side (PC-ville) and joined the Jedis (Mac-land).

I decided to get rid of all of that shit today.

We've had this little cabinet forever and haven't looked into it in nearly as long. (See the dust?)


I went through it today and was surprised by how much I really didn't need. I obviously kept software I currently use, but I was able to get rid of a lot of superfluous stuff.

I am about to expose Alex and myself as nerds. Oh, who am I kidding. Everybody already knows we are nerds. Here is the software I'm getting rid of:


In my defense, most of the really embarrassing titles up there belong to Alex.

The Sims did belong to me. I was really excited about that game for a brief period of time. That is, until the little dude I created came home from work every day and couldn't eat or look for a better job because he was too busy sobbing. He was super depressed by the life I'd built for him. Poor little virtual dude.

I found 9 items to throw away and 14 to donate. And I took the little CD cabinet and I'm going to use it for my videography.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Hi, I followed a link from your comment on unclutterer. I love the idea of the junk pyramid. This post in particular has inspired me. We have tons of old computer games and cds that we're not going to use again - most of the games are years old and probably wont run on the new computers anyway - and who has time to play games!