While cleaning today, I came across my wedding dress. I need some advice. Should I keep it or should I donate it?
PROS of keeping it:
* It's a beautiful reminder of my and Alex's love.
* It cost a gajillion dollars and I only wore it once.
PROS of donating it:
* I will never wear it again.
* It cost a gajillion dollars, I only wore it once, and someone else who can't afford a gajillion dollars could make excellent use out of it.
* I don't have any daughters to pass it down to. If my kids marry (girls), those girls will likely not want to wear their mother-in-law's dress.
* I have a lot of photos of it, so I don't really need the dress.
* Since I've been married, I haven't looked at it.
* It is sitting in a box in my basement, hopefully not getting moldy.
I have set up a poll in my sidebar for you to help me make this decision. If you are Alex, your vote counts as two. If you are my mom, who paid for the dress, your vote also counts as two. And don't forget, it's entirely possible that I will totally disregard your advice anyway.
Also, if you know of a place that takes donated wedding dresses, let me know in the comments. Thanks.