Thursday, May 8, 2008

Brief Hiatus

The Junk Pyramid is going on hiatus until at least Wednesday. And because I won't be near my stuff, I'm not going to increase any of the numbers in "The Count" over there to the right.

I guess 1000 items will have to wait even longer. Because, for some reason, I don't think my house-sitters will be decluttering for me. Unless they steal my TV.

If I'm lucky, they won't bring more stuff into my house. Which I would totally do if it was me doing the house-sitting. They'd come back from vacation, and I'd be all, "I don't have any idea how that box of clothes and old toys got here. Weird."

*****

But I did do a teensy bit of decluttering I haven't given myself full blogging credit for.

I babysat two brothers for a few hours on Thursday, which gave me the perfect opportunity to give my crap directly to a child without having to ask the parent for permission first. I gave them each a ball, one featuring Scooby Doo's likeness, and one with Clifford.

I didn't post about this then because it seemed ridiculous to publish only that paragraph you just read. But I did add those balls to the count. You're just lucky I didn't count the Backyardigans tattoo I put on one of the kids too.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Stymie, you get total credit for the balls AND for the tattoo - it's that little piddly, birthday party goodie bag stuff that drives me the most crazy.

Check out http://givingchallenge.ning.com/ for inspiration to give daily (when you're back)

Ann

Manic Mommy said...

Channelling you again as I consider what to do with my 8 year old wedding dress that I just removed from my brother's attic this weekend.