Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Slow and Steady

My cup cabinet kills me. I've been hanging on to some straw cups because they're very useful at times. But usually they're just a pain in the ass to clean. And I have a friend that needed to strip them for parts, so they were sort of useful to someone.

And also I have two beer mugs that I continue to keep because they're nice. But I never use them. Never. (We're straight from the bottle sort of folks.)


So, six more items gone.

*****

I love the W.W.S.D.* Theory of Decluttering some of you have been putting forth. Does that mean I'm some sort of guru? I wanna be a guru.

* What Would Stimey Do

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I have beer mugs very similar to that but I always drink ice water out of mine. Boring I know!

NES said...

Having given away so many items, can you start to feel a difference in your home?
BTW, we have those beer mugs, too, and I've never used them for beer - the bottle works just fine, I agree. But I love those mugs for tea. If I want something hot and relaxing to drink, I definitely want more than fits in a tiny little teacup, and I don't want to be worrying about anything delicate, either!

tulipmom said...

You can be my guru. I thought of you this weekend as I was purging stuff. I have a looong way to go.

m said...

You are totally a guru. WWSD is not a theory, it's a mantra. Maybe get some of those plastic wristbands made and sell them on your sidebar? ;-)

Qutecowgirl said...

Yes I think you can call yourself a Guru. I think of you as one. I have to say after I started this weekend whoa boy I am into it, but it needs to be done. It is amazing how much crap we accumulate?

Ann - One Bag Nation said...

Ah yes the straw cups. We have a collection of "travel cups" that Queen Pack Rat (aka dear daughter) just cannot part with yet. I suppose it makes sense; we have travel mugs for coffee. But those things take up so much room!

Jen said...

Just found you -- this is a very fun blog. Look forward to being inspired by your junk to remove more of my junk.

Pretty wedding dress btw -- I just convinced my mother (85) to keep hers longer. I am not a good influence on others. But hey, you never know when you might need a 64 year old turning a little orangey, slipper satin gown. Right?

At least it's not in my house (though mine is). Just in case any future DILs are delusional enough to want to wear a MIL gown.

Manic Mommy said...

We have those straw cups. Four pieces is at least two too many. And you can never find them when you need them.

I'm totally in the WWSD Fan Club