Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Mother Lode

I'm reorganizing my basement. You may remember that I took a lot of toys out of my kids' rooms and moved them to the basement playroom. Well, now I have to organize all those toys.

I meant to have it done by today, but I didn't finish. Which doesn't bode well for my playdate tomorrow. Sure hope the kids don't want to play with...toys.

I started by looking for a bin in which to put the things I'm giving away. I opened one that was downstairs and found this:


Oh, right. I put these all in here several months ago to see if my kids suddenly started clamoring to put on puppet shows. Obviously they didn't. Which is sad because they used to put on some excellent shows.

I didn't get rid of all of these puppets. I actually kept a bunch of them. (If you are one of my readers who's given us puppets, those are the ones I kept. I got rid of the ones other people gave me.)

I did manage to get rid of fifty-three puppets. Don't even ask how I ended up with that many. I also got rid of a slightly broken puppet theatre. (Theatre, with an "re" thank you very much.)

I also put a giant amount of things in a bin to take out to the garage because I'm not ready to part with them. This bin included something like 86 billion Little People.

I did manage to collect a bunch of junk, almost all of it suitable for donation. Hold on to your hats, people:


Total items for today: 113

2 comments:

Threeundertwo said...

I really need to do this. You are so inspiring. My kids have approximately a billion toys they don't play with.

whymommy said...

Wow. You are incredi-mom!

I cleaned out my guestroom tonight (toy purgatory) -- but I kinda had to. I had guests.