Monday, June 23, 2008

Really Old Magazines Are Worthless

When I picked up a magazine from my magazine rack shortly before the most recent American Idol finale, I found an article about "Getting to Know Your Top Twelve." A little out of date, right?

They weren't talking about the current season.

I'm a little behind on reading my magazines. I used to subscribe to a lot of them. And then things got busy for me and I stopped being able to read all of them. So I canceled most of them and have been working my way through my backlog for the past couple of years.

I've not been doing a very good job. And Alex is starting to get really annoyed. Here's why:


I finally came to terms with the fact that I don't need to read a Vanity Fair from 2006. Really. I found an Outside magazine from October, TWO THOUSAND AND FIVE in there. And, really, Time Magazine loses its appeal after, say, two years.

I needed some pictures of food for a project I was planning for my kids, so it seemed like as good a time as any to go through the magazines.

I kept quite a few (I'm partial to Entertainment Weekly), but still got rid of 21 magazines.


And I rescued a pirate and a penguin who were nearly crushed at the bottom of the rack. And a dime.


And I made Alex really happy.

1 comment:

Cyn said...

OMG, those pirates are PRICELESS at my house.