Thursday, June 12, 2008

What Alex Refers to as "The Tampon Situation"

But what I believe could easily be referred to as "The Toothbrush Situation."


Today I took care of the under-sink cabinets in each of my bathrooms. Yeah, we only have two bathrooms. And neither one is on the floor where my bedroom is. It sucks. Try being pregnant in that situation. (I'm not.)

Anyway, at some point in the not too distant past, Alex waggled his fingers at me in a nervous manner and muttered something about me needing to clean up these cabinets because of "the tampon situation."

He was right. It was bad. Things (tampons—and cleaning supplies, toothbrushes, and assorted other doohickeys) would fall out whenever we opened the door. It made it hard to replace the toilet paper roll.

See my finished products?


I was too embarrassed to post a before picture, but you'll have to take my word for it that this is A LOT better. Although there is still a bit of a tampon situation.

This is one of the more revealing Junk Pyramid posts I've written. I feel a little weird exposing this to all of you. Because where do you throw all the odd, private things you don't know what else to do with? That's right. In the cabinet under the sink.

Why don't we shake that off and move on to what I'm getting rid of:


Let's see. No one will use the potty seats, so out they go. I don't take enough baths to use all my bath salts, so sadly, they will go. Assorted loofahs, gone. Half of a towel rack holder? Why do I even have this? The electric toothbrush? I was against it from the start when Alex insisted he needed it. And the other detritus from the cabinet. Gone, gone, and gone!

*****

I also decluttered a cookbook that my mom likes by giving it to her. It's not a full-scale tackling of my cookbook cupboard, but it's a start.



Total items: 17

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Where in the world do you find mega packs of toothbrushes like that?? We need that at our house!!

Thrift Store Mama said...

The finished product is gorgeous. I find that the "t" things - tampons and toothbrushes - are something that I frequently buy whenever I'm at Target and have the thought of "I know there's something else I need, but can't remember what it is." Seems I often happen by the tampon or toothbrush aisle at that point and convince myself that one of those items were on my original mental list... but they never were, so they just multiply in the cabinet.

Ann - One Bag Nation said...

Hey Stimey,
I know what you mean about sharing the insides of cupboards. You can see my "dirty laundry" on my blog . . . I did a lipstick toss and cleaned out my linen closet.

I think people like to know they're not alone!

Anonymous said...

It's okay, everyone has the same stuff in thier bathroom cabinets. Those potty seats look like great material for a yard sale......

Jessica McFadden said...

Hey, you'll use those tamponis (sorry, I saw them called as such in Italy and the name has stuck) and you won't unnecessarily buy more. Great cabinet reorg!

adriane said...

I just think it's awesome that you've got an EPT in there. My sister recently consigned her old pregnancy tests to me. It's like a rite of passage or something. Passing the torch...