Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Closet Clutter, Saved Cardboard Boxes

Alternatively titled, "Stimey Reveals Levels of Crazy Heretofore Unsuspected."

Remember the "piles of really ridiculous stuff" that were in my closet before I decluttered part of it?

Here is one of them:


Yes, I had a giant pile of intact cardboard boxes AND inflatable packing material stored in that closet. Because you just never know when you'll need to mail something and the post office will have run out of boxes.

There is one time a year—Christmas—when I am glad I have boxes and packing material, and even then I usually use more recently acquired boxes instead of this stash.

And the packing material? What I've done here is make air take up space. God, I'm an idiot. I got rid of ALL of that.

But still, even though I accept the fact that I am completely insane, I cannot help but keep some of the boxes. Maybe next time I go through this closet, you'll see me get rid of those that remain:



I count 9 boxes recycled and 1 big pile of inflated plastic.

4 comments:

penguinlady said...

De-lurking to say that for boxes, I can up you. :) HALF of our basement is taken up by flattened boxes from our last move. I was so incensed by how expensive it was to buy the boxes that I kept every one in good condition (and a lot of the packing paper). After doing a clean of my basement this past weekend, and seeing the OMG GINORMOUS spiders down there... I think it might be time to get rid of them.

Jen said...

As someone who saves in order to recycle someday...I feel compelled to tell you that you can take your airpackets to a mailboxes etc./other mailing place. They take all packing stuff, like peanuts and air bags, etc.

Then I flatten and recycle all my cardboard too, except, of course the few I have to save because they seem to be clearly a size or shape I'll need someday.

Stimey said...

Jen, I had no idea. Thank you so much for the tip. That's a fantastic idea!

Anonymous said...

I keep boxes. They are handy. And dusty.
L.