Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Farewell to Potty Training

I am thrilled to announce that I am able to get rid of some things I've been looking forward to getting rid of for months:


That's right. I don't have to change any more diapers ever. All three of my children are now 100% potty trained. (Knock on wood. Oh, dear Jesus, knock on wood.)

What you see up there is my much-beloved changing table, a changing table pad and three covers, four you-can-do-it! potty training books, some dried out training wipes, two little potties (one for the bathroom, one for the car), and the Pull-Ups we no longer have to use since Quinn randomly decided he just didn't want to wear them at night anymore.

And I'm not ready to get rid of our Miralax yet, but since Quinn has pooped at least once a day—and often more than once a day—for nearly three weeks, I was able to pass some "helpers" onto a more needy pooper.


Total items for the day: 16

*****

I've been trying to sell the changing table on Craigslist, but no bites so far. The rest of the items I'll give to friends or donate. Or, if I can't find anyone who needs the things, I might post them at Freepeats, a Freecycle-type child-centered forum.

8 comments:

BetteJo said...

Wow - now that's something to celebrate!

Whirlwind said...

Congrats!

You may want to keep one of the potty's for in your car just in case you run into a place where there are no potty s - like for instance - two of the local playgrounds - who make a playground with no potty's??? Ok, that was a small rant and I'm sure your local playgrounds have potty's. One of the two mentioned does have a bathroom facility - real nice infact, but 99.99% of the time, they are kept locked (which is probably why they are so nice)

Kelly said...

I know a lot of people convert changing tables into storage units, craft tables, wrapping stations etc. You might have a use for it. Then again you might just want it gone! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you. My darling C pooped in her pull-up last night. AAK!
L

m said...

Nice haul! Although I agree with whirlwind about hanging onto one potty...and based on my personal experiences, I might keep a few Pull-Ups around juuuuuuuuuust in case.

Carrie said...

omg you do miralax too?! My oldest (4.5) had the worse constipation issues and we had to result to that. But holy smokes does that crap work.

I'm still not ready to throw ours away yet either...it sits in our cabinet waiting patiently if the need arises

Amy said...

ENABLERS !!! Let the lady declutter !

Bye bye potties!

xoxo, SG

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Ohhhh I am so full of envy. I'm actually thinking of setting our changing table on fire to celebrate that we don't need it anymore (WHEN that happens, of course!)... or maybe I'll set it on fire tomorrow and that WHEN will probably come sooner.