Monday, August 25, 2008

Pencil Clutter

I sucked up to Jack's teacher a little bit at his kindergarten open house today.


I gave her all ninety-four of the unsharpened pencils we've somehow accumulated.

(I probably sounded a little psycho too when, in the throes of kindergarten anxiety, I told her exactly how many pencils I was giving her. Oh well.)

I'm sure our supply will be replenished soon. In fact, I'm sure Jack will probably come home with some of the very pencils I just gave away. But for one glorious day, I don't have to wonder where to put them so they won't end up all over my house.

5 comments:

BetteJo said...

My God you're starting to rub off on me. I'm walking around the house looking at things saying to myself "can I get rid of this?" Or "Do I use this?" And even "What can I throw away today?"

Manic Mommy said...

Halloween's coming, so you'll get at least a dozen more!

Kelly said...

Ya know, it's funny how those pencils accumulate. My hubby is a high school math teacher and last year I rounded up a ton of pencils from around the house and had him take them to school. Students seem to never bring pencils to class with them. They are now gone! LOL

Tech Savvy Mama said...

You are every teacher's dream parent! I swear classrooms are the Bermuda Triangles for pencils!

Magpie said...

you are an inspiration.

and so much more fun than flylady.