Monday, September 15, 2008

Mystery Drawer

I was sitting in my living room this afternoon when I noticed a drawer in my end table. "Hmmm," I thought to myself, "I wonder what is in that drawer?"

Before I tell you what was in that drawer, do you believe me that if you don't remember the contents of a drawer, you probably don't need them?

It was mostly true. I found this:


There were a couple of CDs I moved, a CD I got rid of, the knob for the front of the drawer, and a whole bunch of broken crayons and non-working markers. And a dime.

Oh, and a cherry from Hi-Ho Cherry-O.

Because my kids do their homework in the living room, I decided to make it a drawer for pencils and pencil sharpeners for homework.

I also put a timer in there. I use that timer to wake me up before the school bus comes when Quinn and I nap in the afternoon.

Isn't this better?


I also sold a playpen and two sheets through Craigslist.


Total items for today: 4 (I'm not counting the broken crayons.)

3 comments:

BetteJo said...

I would be embarrassed to take a picture of the drawer like that in my living room. It's where every small item that doesn't have a home ends up when I clean house.

Anonymous said...

I love the game Hi Ho Cherry-O!! Good thing you found the game piece.

~C

Threeundertwo said...

Random game pieces make me crazy. Don't the kids miss them? I can't bear to throw them away.

I really want to totally copy your blog. I am living vicariously through you. Maybe when you're all done you should just come to my house and declutter it!