Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We've Outgrown Some Stuff

Remember when I eradicated Barney books from my home? We also used to have a Barney doll, which I got rid of months ago. Today I got rid of my last Barney possessions: two DVDs.

We're finally a Barney-free house.

I also got rid of 4 more DVDs, 1 empty video case, and 5 videos.


Plus, in a drawer with old video games, I found these:


That package is unopened.

Does anyone know where I can donate opened, but otherwise perfectly good Pull-Ups?

Total items for today: 14

7 comments:

m said...

I bet a local daycare, or a food pantry (if they normally carry diapers) might take the pullups.

I vowed to keep my home Barney-free when pregnant with my first child. A couple of friends told me it couldn't be done, but it remains one of my proudest achievements as a parent. (Also one of my few achievements.)

Congrats on your freedom from (to quote my husband) "Purple Satan."

Friend H said...

I think Crossways may take open diapers.

catnip said...

If you find out where to get rid of the pullups let me know, I think I have some hanging around too!

Innocent Observer said...

"Does anyone know where I can donate opened, but otherwise perfectly good Pull-Ups?"

To me?!?!

:)

Thrift Store Mama said...

There's a small list of items that I ALWAYS look for at Value Village whether I need them right away or not. Diapers and pull-ups rank pretty high up on the list. Just shove them back in the package and tape it closed. You'll make someone very, very happy.

Manic Mommy said...

A local food pantry was happy to take diapers - even the open packs.

I put my crib on Craigslist. Sigh.

Thrift Store Mama said...

Umm, hello? The inventory at Value Village has been way down the past couple weeks. Step up the decluttering already. Also, I need motivation.