Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Changing of the Seasons

I've spent the past few days making the adjustment from summer to winter here. The seasons seemed to change overnight last week and suddenly it was too cold for tee-shirts and raking season was descending upon us.

Last Friday I took the opportunity to pack away our summer back porch toys: our sandbox, our buckets, our plastic sand utensils. I culled these toys earlier in the season, so there wasn't much to get rid of, but I did find a broken baseball tee; a Strawberry Shortcake ball that was split down the middle, and which I'd literally never seen before anyway; and a sippy cup that had lived in the dirt for a long time and therefore was unusable for human drinking (or pet drinking, for that matter).


Then, yesterday, I switched out shorts and tee-shirts for long pants and long-sleeved shirts. I got rid of six pairs of shorts, three pairs of pants that Quinn has outgrown, and two tee-shirts. There weren't more old Quinn tee-shirts because I'm holding on to them until I find out if he'll wear the new long-sleeved shirts I bought him today.


I'm also getting rid of the case to a Leapster game. I count it because pre-Pyramid, it's something I would have kept even though there is absolutely no reason to.

And you see the two-pound bag of Beggin' Strips that my dog doesn't think taste like bacon. Or anything else edible. She eats diapers, but not Beggin' Strips. What the hell? I'm giving those to the house/dog-sitters when they come by next week.

Total items: 16

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

Geez you're doing such a good job. I feel proud when I remember to empty my lunch box/container/pack/whatever you call these things these days.

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

Oh that sounded so simple at your house. WHY does it take me a whole month to switch out the dressers and deal with the clothes?