Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More DVD Clutter

I fully intend to get back to some big projects soon, but I've been going though a period of lethargy, travel, and colds and flu. So for now, all I have for you is a stack of DVDs.

It's funny, and a little sad, that second and third children grow up so much faster than firsts. When Sam was three and a half, he was watching the Wiggles all the time. Now that Quinn is three and a half, he watches The Clone Wars.

Farewell, Greg, Anthony, Jeff, and my favorite: Murray.


Farewell, also to several other DVDs that my kids never watch.

I also got rid of a much loved pair of sweatpants that are simply unwearable now. I had some DVD cases that didn't have matching DVDs. I keep and re-use the cases, but recycle all the packaging. I will count the spare packaging in the following photo and the one above as one item.


Oh, and lest I forget, I'm also getting rid of a cold pack intended to be used on injuries. I've never used it (because I have other, better options), so I'm donating it.

Total items: 16

6 comments:

Innocent Observer said...

It is really impressive how you are able to detach from all your crap. Bravo!

BetteJo said...

You're so good. I have winnie the pooh videos from when MY kids were little and that was over 20 years ago. Sniff sniff. But there was one old video that I had lent to someone that I bought again recently because she loved it. Okay we both did. Raffi in Concert! I know, right? Baby Baluga .. nothing better. I guess sometimes it's the memories I struggle with losing.

BetteJo said...

Because she loved it. Ha! Because my DAUGHTER loved it. Read my mind next time, okay?

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

I'm having a hard time parting with all the Thomas the Tank Engine movies. And they are on VHS even.

Threeundertwo said...

I finally got rid of all our VHS but we have a lot of kiddie dvds.

I'm inspired to start a decluttering journey. I think I'll start my new blog at the beginning of the year. you really inspire me.

FishyGirl said...

Murray is my favorite, too! I got all excited to get rid of all our baby einstein dvds, and my baby is only 2. I am so grateful to OnDemand because it keeps us from buying so many DVDs we don't need.