Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Eagle Eye for Clutter

I babysat two small children today. They were from two different families, but in the true spirit of multitasking, I scheduled them on the same day to kill babysit two birds with one stone.

Or something.

Anyway, one of them was four. The other was two. And Quinn is three.

So I didn't have time to do much besides watch them and play with them. But while they were at my house, I did keep my eye out for obvious junk. And, surprise, surprise! I found some.


Per usual, I found some shoes.

I also found a stray swim diaper and some diaper rash cream in my basement. I'll probably be running across little stashes of diaper-related things for years to come.

I found a camera that Sam used to love, but which is now broken. I also found a game that plays poker or blackjack or something.

There is a sweater that Jack used to wear but that Quinn will staunchly refuse to wear.

There is also a box that used to house little fuzzy animals. We still have the animals and love them, but the box is useless now that we don't keep the animals in it.

Then there is a teensy book jacket for a teensy book whose whereabouts are unknown. Rule of thumb: if you don't have the eeny-weeny book, you don't need the eeny-weeny book jacket.

And there is a box for a pitch pipe that was long ago requisitioned for our musical instruments box.

Total items for today: 10

4 comments:

BetteJo said...

Wow! I'm so ashamed. I've thrown out some fast food wrappers lately. But that's about it.

Manic Mommy said...

Yes, I'm still coming across diapers and diaper paraphernalia. Our local food pantry will take open packs of diapers. I don't think the'd want the opened Desitin. That's just gross.

Threeundertwo said...

Great job multitasking!

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

I am new here! What a great blog :)