Sunday, November 2, 2008

Throw Away Your Mystery Keys!

Today I was thinking about what to declutter next when I had an aha moment:

My key box!!


There are keys in there that came with our house and that we have never used. Now, as far as I can tell, I have the keys to every lock in the place, so I don't have to worry that these keys might come in handy later. In fact, we have changed some of the locks, so these keys might not have a match at all anymore.

I was able to remove 17 keys.


Tomorrow I'm going to take them far away from my house and its locks and throw them away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Now I'll be paranoid when I throw away keys and get rid of them far away from my locks also. Gotta love ya Stimey for encouraging the OCD in me.

~C

BetteJo said...

I'm pretty sure I still have the key to my ex-boyfriends house but knowing him - he's changed the locks by now!
What is it about keys that even when we don't know what they go to anymore, we still keep them?

Go Stimey! You have me thinking about it.