Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Magazines: Enough is Enough

In June I went through my magazine rack and weeded out many of the old, unread magazines stored there. I kept many of them because I wanted to read them and was sure I would get to them. Of course, I was forgetting why they ended up there in the first place. I barely have time to keep up with the new magazines coming to my house, much less the old ones already here.

Since I haven't touched the magazine rack since June, I figured I should just get rid of all the magazines in it and start fresh.


It kind of hurt to put them in the recycling bin.

I'm recycling 28 of them. I think it's a good thing. When I took them out of the rack, dust billowed out along with them.

I also went through a couple of my kitchen cabinets, as part of my upcoming clear-out-everything-in-the-kitchen-that-I-don't-regularly-use project. I was able to find 12 things I don't use and put them in my donation to the National Children's Center that was already on my porch waiting to be picked up.


Total items for today: 40

3 comments:

Ange said...

I am deep into the "Baker's Rack" project, but only got rid of a few magazines. It is really hard for me to get rid of magazines or books. Did recycle about 100 business cards, tossed an old tooth in a ziplock bag (Bubba's?), and recycled about a pound of paper... that's not all though! Stay tuned! ;)

Abbysmom said...

Hope you left some for the babysitter to read - they're the main attraction after bedtime!

Anonymous said...

HaHa I see those aprons, we use ours. I would never have guessed I would still have my apron party favors two years after that party.
L