Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bathroom Detritus

Author's Note: Please pretend not to notice that half of our light bulbs are burned out.

Our two bathrooms are kind of regularly a disaster, but inspired by trying to find a place to hide several toothbrushes, I decided to clean out the cabinets of one of them the other day. This is the cabinet where we keep all of our baby-care items because we have babies. (No. We don't.)


Author's note: Please pretend not to notice that I have a book in there called "Wherever You Go There You Are."

Here is the cabinet after I took out all the baby-care stuff for all our non-existent babies:


I know it still looks like there are baby-care items, such as baby wipes and baby wash and so on. Those aren't baby-care items. They're items.

I didn't feel ready to get rid of the child suppositories yet. I think that as soon as I throw them away, Quinn will immediately stop pooping. And I don't really want that.

Here's our other cabinet in the yellow bathroom.


There are stickers in there that are left over from when I was potty training Sam. Four years ago. There are also some little scenty things Sam made in preschool. Three years ago.

We don't use this cabinet very much.

Now it holds toothbrushes.


These are all the things I got rid of:


Most of it is trash, because who wants a used booger sucker? Or mostly empty bottles of nasal saline? But I was still able to donate a couple of things. (One thing.)

Total items: 11

5 comments:

Manic Mommy said...

I can't believe you'd part with the Lightning McQueen towel.

Best not to recycle most of that. Really no one's gonna take the snot suckers off your hands.

Threeundertwo said...

I dunno, I think there might be some cool craft potential with those snot suckers.

Ange said...

OK, I boiled the snot snuckers and the boys use them as water toys. Which is probably gross, but so are my boys, so whatever. We just painted our bathroom yellow (adding white to some yellow paint we already had). Now we have yello in the bathroom, living room/kitchen/hall and yet a different shade in my office. I must like yellow? or think it will automatically improve my mood or make me think it is sunny outside?

BetteJo said...

Okay, having only 1 bathroom - I am envious of your space!! Can I keep some of my stuff at YOUR house??

Anonymous said...

I think you should get new stuff to cram into those cabinets, they look lonely.

L