Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Top of the Refrigerator

You know the type of spot: it's small and awkward, and somehow always crammed full of junk. The tiny space between the top of our refrigerator and the bottom of some cabinets is one of those spots for us. I don't know why we have so much stuff up there, but it collects junk that we don't know what to do with.


There's an awful lot up there that we don't need, including three flashlights. Yeah, we keep our scissors up there so Jack doesn't accidentally stab himself while he's trying to cut his eyelashes (true story), but most of the other things have better places to live.

There were several things we were able to get rid of. Most of them were bits of child proofing that we kept for some reason.


I redistributed the flashlights around the house after putting batteries in a couple of them, organized what was left up there (scissors), thought briefly about cleaning the goo off of the fridge, then took a photo and called it done.


Total items: 9

6 comments:

BetteJo said...

That's a cool box you have on the front of the fridge for pens (it looks like?)!!

Anonymous said...

That "goo" on top of the fridge is the worst to get off. I've found that using baking soda and water works pretty well. ( I use baking soda to clean a lot)

~C

Anonymous said...

I think that eyelash trimming shows resourcefulness and creativity. I'm kind of impressed. I don't think my kids could think that up.
L

Manic Mommy said...

The last time we moved, I was horribly embarassed when the took the fridge and I saw the amount of dust and dirt underneath it...like that's someplace I should have been cleaning all along.

Speaking of random, my word verification is "bellyrat".

Kelly said...

How funny, I just did the top of my fridge on friday night. All I can say is DUSTY!!

Justice Fergie said...

The top of my fridge is a disaster:
http://mamalaw.blogspot.com/2006/12/claustrophobia.html

Sadly, it's been 2 YEARS since that post and it doesn't look much better!