Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You Know It's Time to Throw It Out...

...when you put your arm into your sweater and instead of your hand emerging from the hand hole, it comes out of the unraveling elbow portion. When even Stimey is too embarrassed to wear a sweater in public, it needs to go in the trash.

Goodbye, faithful sweater.
You've served me well.

...when it's been stuck in the corner under furniture for so long that it's acquired an entire cat's worth of fur.

Goodbye, pair of gloves.
And an extra.

...whenever you're folding your childrens' clothing. Check to see if there are any pieces that are too small, too stained, or too never-worn to keep.

Goodbye, ten pieces of small clothing.
You shan't be missed.

Total items: 13

5 comments:

Abbysmom said...

Is there anything, like recycling, that can be done with holey sweaters? I end up with drawers full since I feel bad throwing them away.

Threeundertwo said...

To Abbysmom -100% wool sweaters can be felted for crafts.

The sweater in the picture cracked me up. Yes. Time for that one to go.

I wont even ask who has three hands in the house. . .

BetteJo said...

I think you have even me beat with the sweater. :) But I do still have a few select pieces of clothing from as long ago as - oh - TWENTY FIVE years!!
We won't even talk about if they actually fit.

L said...

ACK-- Don't get rid of those gloves. I am such a sucker for kid hand wear. Good luck finding a new sweater. Perfect ones are hard to come by.

*m* said...

The sweater cracked me up, because (a) OMG, its time has WAY come and gone; and (b) I recently pulled a blanket out of the linen closet that looked JUST LIKE THE SWEATER around the edges. I had stored it with plans to mend it sometime. What the hell was I thinking?

Abbysmom, my kids' school does a fabric drive every year, in which they collect clean but beat clothing, linens, purses, even stuffed animals. They get paid by the pound for the garbage bags of crap they collect. GREATEST THING EVER. Talk to your PTO leaders.