Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm Getting in the Consigning Spirit

I spent a couple hours the other day getting most of my stuff ready for the upcoming consignment sale. I'm optimistic. I think I might make some money on this thing. I'm hoping to make enough to add to my iPhone fund to actually buy the thing.

Excuse me. I think I'm salivating.

After writing out all the tags, my hand hurt, but I had everything I'd decluttered so far tagged, priced, and ready to go. I also added a few things. Like this:


This chair is pretty old. Whoever buys it may need to replace some of the screws that have fallen out of it in the past eight years.

I also found all of these things to sell. Although Sam caught me trying to get rid of that stack of metal trucks and made me keep them.


While cleaning and decluttering all of the things you see above, I also got rid of a bunch of cluttery trash and recycling not pictured. (Because, really. Why?)

Then today I got rid of a couple of plastic cases and half of a cat litter box.

I'm going to call this 20.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I love to read your blog. It's inspired me to keep really just the toys that my kids play with. The others are just in the way! Now I "schedule" (with myself) a monthly trip to Goodwill and actually enjoy loading up my car thinking of how I'll never have to put this stuff away again! Thanks for your great ideas! Have you read the new David Shannon book called "Too Many Toys"?

Stimey said...

Sarah, thank you! Isn't it amazing how addicting decluttering can be? I hadn't ever heard of that book. I'm going to go check it out! Thanks!

Mama Echo said...

Thanks to you I now use freecycle. We were able to give away a dishwasher that still worked, but leaked. It's not in the landfill, and I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Anonymous said...

WTF That (non) Polly Pocket house belongs excusively to C. She is not going to be happy. FINE What is the damn price tag on it???

L

Sue @ My Party of 6 said...

I have that EXACT. SAME. CHAIR. Bizarre (since I just mentioned we also have the same baby gate! - we're TWINZERS!)... mine is in my laundry room but I haven't been able to get rid of it yet. Spent many nights rocking babies in that thing... sniff...

(We also had that little dollhouse with the pink roof, but that was long since decluttered. Hated that thing!)