Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Fell Swoop

I've been decluttering a lot of things that I haven't posted here because I'm planning on selling them. I don't really consider them gone until they're out of the house or in my donation bin. I've had a tough time getting takers to follow through on buying my stuff lately, so I've decided to try something different.

There is a preschool in my area that hosts a consignment sale twice a year. They take 50% of your profits, but after the sale they will donate everything that is left over (or you can ask for it back, but I'm not gonna).

I figure that with the publicity they have about the sale, the sheer numbers of people that will walk past my stuff, and the appeal of having it happen all at once instead of it drips and drabs as happens on Craigslist outweighs the cost of the price split.

The sale is March 25-26, so over the course of the next couple of weeks, I'll post items that I plan to sell in the consignment sale. When it's over, I'll let you know how much I make.

So here is where I am going to post photos of all the things I had considered selling on Craigslist.

I have some costumes:




Some toys, which will be sold in various lots:




My play food, dishes, and shopping cart:






And I don't know if they'll take these, but either way, they's got to go:



I'm also planning to sell many of the books I weeded out of my kids' room a while back.

And I'm just getting started.

I'm going to consider this 24 items. That's a little arbitrary, but it has to do with how things were originally packaged. For instance, I think there are two sets of medical equipment there, so I'm counting it as two.

3 comments:

BetteJo said...

I was holding my breath! Thank you for not getting rid of the duckhead. It's a treasure.

Manic Mommy said...

Crossing my fingers that the sale goes well - even if it doesn't the stuff's not coming back to your house! WIN-WIN!

Anonymous said...

Great information about craiglist!. Planning to work hard in selling on craigslist.

Thanks