Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Yep. That's Me Giving Away Syringes on Freecycle.

When my cat had her recent Expensive Dental Surgery, the vet gave me her pain medication already measured out in tiny little syringes. After hunting her down eight times and squirting it down her throat, I had eight tiny empty syringes.


Having previously decided to stop hoarding used syringes, I decided to get rid of them. Especially considering their capacity was 1.0 mL, which, if I haven't mentioned it, is tiny.

This seemed like the perfect opportunity to try out Freecycle. I posted that I had some used syringes to give away (no needles, thank you!) and within an hour and a half they were sitting on my porch in a plastic bag waiting for pickup.

I did get an email that said, "you should really just throw those away - not appropriate for reuse," but I chose to ignore that.

I may have committed a felony here, what with the transfer of medical waste and all, but I have eight fewer items in my home.

5 comments:

JessTrev said...

Dude! I am so jealous. No one wanted MY SYRINGES this morning. I can't believe you just posted about this! But I did get rid of 2 used electric toothbrushes, 3 stained white tablecloths, 2 bottles of liquid bandages (keep away from yr kids' knees! ouch!), gold glitter lotion (don't ask), 2 hair snares just today. So I won't whine....

*m* said...

Wow. I don't even want to know what the recipient is going to use those Used By a Cat syringes for. No, wait...I DO want to know.

I think this is your (ahem) most unique item purged to date.

Hope you do some more Freecyling and tell us how it goes. I signed up but haven't listed a thing yet.

Manic Mommy said...

Got any old bandaids lying around??

Threeundertwo said...

Silly. You're supposed to use them to inject grand marnier into chocolate-dipped strawberries. But you do need a needle for that.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the handknit!
L