Saturday, May 2, 2009

More Seasonal Switching Out

It seems like there are so many places in the house that have to be switched out when the seasons change. Recently I traded hats and gloves for sunscreens and bug repellent. Now I'm trading my kids' sweaters and long pants for shorts and t-shirts.

The great thing about knowing that you are done having kids is that every time you make this switch, you get to get rid of outgrown clothes.


I was able to put seven sets of pajamas in my donation box, along with eight shirts and pants.

The fabulous thing is that each of my kids has enough summer clothing to at least get them started this season without me buying anything, so I get to get rid of 15 items, without adding a single one. Yay, me!

4 comments:

BetteJo said...

Yay you is right! Good job!

*m* said...

I am working on this too, but it is definitely a multi-step process. My boys are 3 years apart, and since my big one had his monster growth spurt, I can't hand things directly down to my younger one anymore. We now have a holding bin in the basement for stuff to be grown into. Pain in the butt, but there's no room for all that stuff in the closet.

Musings from Me said...

Hi Stimey

I love consigning. I consign at two places near me. I love getting checks 3 times per year. I find it interesting what is taken and what is pased over. I have a hard time consigning any girl-related unless it is Sunday shoes, coats, gloves, hats.

I love the idea for your blog...one item at a time.

@musingsfromme

toddlerplanet said...

Doesn't this feel SO good? I loved doing that this weekend, and I took THREE BAGS of stuff to the thrift shop!

Whoo-hoo!

By the way, you're headed for another milestone ... did you ever think you'd reach THREE THOUSAND?