Wednesday, October 28, 2009

More Momentous Than it Looks

There are two cabinets in my house that every single time I open them, I have to unhinge the child locks on them. You may have noticed that my youngest child is four and a half. And also, all my kids are better at opening the locks than I am, due to their small, nimble fingers.

So I pried the locks off of the cabinets and threw them away.


And then I started thinking about all the little outlet covers that were still littered all over my house and so I went around and pried all of them out.


I like this next photo because if you look really closely, you can see the little rings around the outlet that have been covered for, literally, the past five years. This is a kitchen outlet near the stove, and evidently I haven't been cleaning the grease off of it. Oops.


These ten items represent the last of the child proofing that had been in my house. I'm now a totally child lock-free house. Yippee!

2 comments:

*m* said...

Ah yes, I remember it well. There is definitely something liberating about jettisoning the baby crap. Wait till you're done with the booster seats!

Moderate Means said...

*blushes* Okay, so I'll admit this...I still have childproof hinges on stuff. My youngest is 6. Eek!

It's one of those things that is never important enough to put at the top of the to-do list so it never gets done. I'm officially adding it to my husband's list :)