Monday, February 7, 2011

You've Been Stimeyed!

When you're serious about decluttering, you always need to keep your eyes and ears open for opportunities to dump your stuff on other people.

I pretty much have this down to a science.

For example, who thinks this is something you could dump off onto a hapless friend?

Note hapless friend's arm behind the jug.

This gallon of distilled water has been in my cabinet since the tadpole days, but we don't use distilled water for anything else, so it's been sitting in there for almost a year. I can't throw it out because it's perfectly good water. Who throws out perfectly good water? Yet I'm afraid to drink it. I don't know why, I just am.

Well, when my friend was over and talking about her daughter's science fair project, she mentioned that she had to buy some distilled water in which to grow some samples of...something.

Hapless friend, you've just been Stimeyed.

The irony of the whole situation is that they eventually decided to not do the science project for which they needed the water (something about a fear that her younger daughter would somehow be poisoned by poking at, sniffing, or otherwise ingesting toxic matter), so now the jug is in HER cabinet.*

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Total items: 1

* Unless, of course, she has the strength of character to just throw it out.